Friday, April 22, 2011

The Easiest Meal You Will Ever Make

It's easy...it's delicious...it's cheap...it's a crowd pleaser...and it only takes one dish to make! It's called Easy Mexican Crockpot. Well, the name is accurate, but it doesn't do the dish justice.

The recipe:

Ingredients:
-2 cans black beans
-2 cans whole kernel corn (I only used one, and you could use frozen corn as well)
-1 jar salsa (I only used about 2 cups)
-3 pieces boneless skinless chicken breast

Preparation:
Mix the beans, corn, and salsa together in a crockpot. Place chicken on top, and turn the crockpot onto low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.

Place chicken in a separate bowl and shred with a fork. Mix it back in with the bean mixture.

We ate it as a salad with lettuce, rice, chips, sour cream and salsa. We had a lot of leftovers, so I think tomorrow I'll serve it in hot tortillas.

Delish!

Oh and the picture at the top of the post has nothing to do with the meal, but it makes me laugh every time I see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment