Monday, November 8, 2010

Life Lessons from a 10 Month Old

Lately, Grayson has become quite a fast little crawler. Not only is he fast, but he's also extremely determined. He'll spot something he wants and suddenly get tunnel vision as he attempts to plow down any obstacles that may be in his way. This game is adorable when the object of his affection is a toy or a Cheerio, but what happens when the thing he so desires is Duke's bone or an outlet (yes, he has a fascination with outlets of all things!)? I end up repeatedly telling him "No" as I pull him back to his basket of toys. Inevitably once he's back amongst the pile of toys, it's not long before he wants to go after the bone again.
This "game" got Adam and I thinking of the similarities of God's interactions with his children. How many times have you been pulled away from something that you thought was so wonderful, or had a door close to something that you thought would be an ideal next step in your life? How do you respond to those situations? I know for myself, I can all too often become frustrated with my lack of understanding about how God is moving in my life. How many times do we in our lack of knowledge and understanding not realize that perhaps God is closing the door in order to protect us from something? Perhaps he has something even better that he wants to place before us.As I pull the bone out of Grayson's tight grip, and once again place a bright colorful toy in his lap, I can't help but think about God's love in doing the the same thing for me. I'm so thankful for God's patience and love for his children.

No comments:

Post a Comment