Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Christmas 2011

The three of us went over to Molbak's a couple days before Christmas to pick out an ornament for the year. The store is so beautifully decorated for the holidays, and the rows upon rows of poinsettas are a sight to see. We meandered through the store and settled on a bright sparkly star for our ornament.

The next morning, Christmas Eve, Alex and Kellie came over for brunch. We had a feast of food, and opened gifts from each other.
They made Grayson is very own Corn Hole board! It is amazing and he couldn't be more thrilled with the gift.

Since I was a little girl, my mom and dad have been creating a collection of Christmas books for us. Every year we pull them out and place them in a basket to read during the holiday season. Christmas Angels was one of Grayson's favorite books this year. It's all about the angels in the story of Jesus' birth, and a reminder that there are angels around us today.

Wrapping himself up as a present.

Christmas morning under the tree. We actually all slept in a little that morning, and I ended up waking up Adam first. We crept into Grayson's room and woke him up. He had no idea what fun lay ahead for him!

Santa's gift to him was Mater from Cars. He calls it "ittle Mater" and adores it. Our big gift to him was a basketball hoop. We had it all put together and brought it out once all of the other gifts were opened. He did his happy dance and immediately started looking for his basketball.

Next stop on Christmas morning was to Nana and Papa's house. We had brunch with them while we watched a storm outside. We decided it was time to move into the other room and start opening gifts when we saw a tree snap and fall in the property next door. Yikes!

At this point G was tired. Luckily one of his gifts was a sleeping bag bear so it was perfect timing to try it out.

I couldn't fit my mom's gift under the tree, so I wrote a riddle on a long piece of paper and rolled it into a tiny box. She then had to solve a clue to find where her gift was hidden. It was hilarious!

New clothes for hubby.

Grayson got a kid's table and chairs which he loves.

The next day I went to the cabin with my parents and G (Adam had to stay behind for work). We soak it sights like the one above, and celebrated one day with a party at my Grandma's house and the next with my mom's side of the family.
I love these pictures of my mom and Grayson all bundled up in the snow. Grayson has been wearing Adam's hats, and I think they are so adorable on him!
I hope everyone had a blessed Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment