Thursday, December 9, 2010

Deeper Still

(This picture doesn't have anything to do with the post, but isn't it adorable? We had professional pictures done when Adam's family was in town. I'll post more soon!)

This fall and winter I have been participating in a woman's bible study at my church. The study we have been doing is called Faithful, Abundant, True: Three Lives Going Deeper Still. It's lead by three godly women: Beth Moore, Kay Arthur and Priscilla Shirer. If you know anything about these three women, you know that this study was packed full of life enriching wisdom.

I could write a series of blog posts based solely on the the information I gleaned, but I'll refrain to just sharing a few quotes.

"Don't you ever say, 'But I cannot forgive myself!' You don't need to forgive yourself. Nothing is biblical about that statement...You confess your sin, God forgives, and that is it!"

"The Holy Spirit is God himself. The fullness, the greatness, the grandeur, the authority that is inherent in God the Father is also inherent in the Holy Spirit. That means if the Holy Spirit lives in you, the ability and the power of God the Father is also inside of you."

"Our God is predictable in His character, but He is unpredictable in His activity. you cannot box God in. When you put your lid on a box, it doesn't limit God; it limits your awareness of God."

Not only was I blessed by the wisdom of these three women, but I was also blessed by a group of young moms whose group I joined. It was so refreshing to be able to gather with other women going through similar life situations as I am. We'll take a break now and start up again mid-January. I'm already excited about our next study!

1 comment:

  1. I'll have to check that one out Kyla! I read K. Aurthur's spiritual warfare book and it literally changed my life!

    ReplyDelete