Wednesday, November 18, 2009

The Nursery Preview

As many of you know, we are currently living at my parents house as we await the arrival of baby Grayson. My sister graciously allowed us to turn her old room into the nursery. We've kept most of her big pieces of furniture in place, but added a few essentials for Grayson. Also, her room was already painted with the beautiful sky mural, so that detail was perfect for a nursery.
I found this fabulous chair on Craigslist for next to nothing, and I love it! It's incredibly comfortable which will be great for the many hours we're going to be spending in it rocking Grayson to sleep. I'm working on creating a "nursing nest" in the shelves next to the chair. Burp cloths, music, nursing pillow, blankets...all within arms reach.Our changing table is nearly complete. I'd like to hang something on the wall behind the dresser. My sister-in-law painted three amazing paintings as a gift for our shower, and I think they would be perfect hung there. The drawers are already stocked with clean clothes, socks, hats and diapers. Oh, and shoes....I LOVE little baby sized shoes!

Our crib was another Craigslist find. It had hardly been used and was just what I was looking for.

The adorable bumpers were made by the incredibly talented Lissy of Shop Lissy. I had originally planned on trying to make them myself...and I can't even express how happy I am to have left that job to the expert!

There are a few projects in the works, but we're well on our way to having a nursery ready to go for this little babe!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! The paint in that room is perfect! Don't you love lissy? She was my high school younglife leader when I was fourteen. This is a small world-yay for Grayson coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the room, I can't believe it is now going to be a baby's room! So many memories....

    ReplyDelete