Friday, November 20, 2009

Twirling Ribbons

I've been keeping my eye out for a perfect mobile to hang over Grayson's changing table, but I haven't found one that was just what I was looking for. So...I made one, and I love how it turned out! It pulls together all the colors of the room and adds a touch of whimsy and fun, and it was very easy to make.
Supplies:
-embroidery hoop
-ribbon
-scissors
-hot glue gun
Cut the ribbon to the desired length, and tie in a slip knot onto the embroidery hoop. Push the ribbons together and hold in place with a dot of glue. Repeat until the hoop is completely covered. The mobile is held in place with two push pins that I covered with simple ribbon bows.

In a few weeks Grayson will be watching the ribbons twirl while I change his itty bitty diapers. At this point I'm even excited for that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment