Thursday, January 29, 2015

Goodbye...Hello Crib Side

DSC_0024
One of Grayson's favorite things to do is to wake Makenna up from her nap or in the morning. He not so subtley flicks on the light, and then in the sweetest voice coaxes her awake. He likes to give her books to read, sings her songs and tells her stories. The other day he ran to me in the other room after waking her up from her nap to proudly tell me, "I'm teaching Makenna to climb out of her crib so she can come play with me!". 

He'd already (ever so kindly) taught her to climb out of her pack and play (while they were staying at a friend's house...sorry Starrs!), so I decided something had to be done. I didn't want her to start climbing out, and then fall and hurt herself. So off came the side of her crib. She was excited, but Grayson was elated! 

After two night of her crying for all hours, rolling onto the floor, walking around her room and just deciding to stay up until 4:30...the side is back on. We're all sleeping again, and as far as the concern I have about her climbing out of bed....I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment